McDonald & Newton Counties – Drivers can expect lane closures and occasional traffic delays on Missouri Route 59 in McDonald and Newton counties and Missouri Route 76 and Route F in McDonald County for a resurfacing project beginning the week of June 5, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
This is the work being done on this project:
- Missouri Route 59 from north of Newton County Route AA in Neosho south approximately 23 miles to the Missouri/Arkansas state line
- McDonald County Route F from Lone Dove Road east approximately eight (8) miles to Missouri Route 59 in Anderson
- Missouri Route 76 from Missouri/Oklahoma state line east approximately 0.7 miles to Missouri Route 43 in Tiff City
- Missouri Route 76 at the intersection of Missouri Route 59 in Anderson
Contractor crews will add an overlay of new asphalt, permanent striping, rumble strips and new guardrail in areas to the above routes.
- Traffic reduced to one lane where contractor crews are laying asphalt
- Drivers will encounter flaggers and pilot cars where crews are working. Drivers should wait for the pilot vehicle before proceeding through the work zone or before entering the work zone from a side road.
- Vehicles parked along these routes should be removed to allow the contractor to remove and replace the asphalt surface
- Work will be done during daytime hours; all lanes open to traffic at night
- No signed detour
- Drivers should find alternate routes
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zones
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Drivers are urged to use caution as they may experience a rough ride in areas until the resurfacing project is complete.
Weather and/or scheduling delays could alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: Blevins Asphalt Construction Co., Mt. Vernon
- Total project cost: $5.7 million
- Completion date: November 1, 2023