The Jasper County Health Department is saddened to report the thirty-ninth death of a Jasper County resident due to COVID-19. The resident was a male in his 60’s. He was hospitalized prior to death. Our condolences go out to the family members. There are 209 cases of covid-19 in isolation and 19 residents are currently hospitalized.
Everyone is urged to take preventive actions to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses. These actions include:
- Avoid social gatherings of more than ten (10) people.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your health care provider for medical advice before showing up.
Please note that reports of COVID-19 deaths may be delayed slightly so that death certificate verification can be conducted for accurate reporting.