Work on the last five miles of I-49 between Pineville and the Arkansas state line known as the Missouri-Arkansas Connector is finally going to begin. MoDOT awarded the $58.7 million project to Emery Sapps & Sons. Construction is expected to begin in late April or early May with completion by Sept. 30, 2021.
- Complete final five miles of I-49 in Missouri between Pineville and Missouri/Arkansas border
- Relocate four-lane divided highway to the west of existing U.S. Route 71
- New roadway will meet interstate standards with access only at interchanges
- New interchange built at Missouri Route 90 west of Jane
- Funded by $25 million Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development (BUILD) federal grant
- When Missouri/Arkansas Connector completed, I-49 will stretch 290 miles between Kansas City and Fort Smith, Ark.