The Route 96-to-eastbound-I-44 ramp (Mile Marker 58) at Halltown will CLOSE beginning the week of April 13 until fall 2020.
The closure will allow MODOT to build an arch under I-44 replacing the eastbound and westbound bridges over Route 96.
- Route 96-to-eastbound-I-44 ramp CLOSED to traffic (Mile Marker 58)
- Traffic will be detoured to Missouri Route 39 to reach eastbound I-44
- Missouri Route 266 through Halltown is NOT an option for big trucks due to bridge with load limit of 25 tons
- Drivers will have access to all driveways and entrances along Route 96 but will not be able to access the ramp to eastbound I-44
- Ramp will be CLOSED to traffic until the arch is completed in fall 2020
- Drivers are urged to find alternate routes to avoid the work zone
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
Weather and/or construction delays could alter the schedule.
The work is part of the I-44 Project Bridge Rebuild project to replace a total of 13 bridges and rehabilitate six more on I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown. The $36 million project is scheduled to be completed by December 15, 2021, but the contractor has set a goal to have all major bridge work completed by the end of 2020.