The Vernon County Sheriff’s Office is working with Woods Supermarket in Nevada to provide grocery delivery to senior citizens.
Sheriff Jason Mosher says “While Woods is working to make free deliveries within 5 miles of any store, Deputies will be available to deliver food anywhere in Vernon County from 12:00pm to 4:00pm Monday- Friday.”
The Office has also been delivering food to students at home provided by the school district and are helping pass out food at schools.
In a press release provided by Woods Supermarket:
Dear Valued Guests,
We are continually searching for ways to assist our Senior Guests, those 60 and over, as we deal with the effects of the corona virus (COVID-19). To that end, we are launching our Senior Express Delivery Hotline effective Wednesday 3/25. We will continue this service until the need for it diminishes.
Details of the program are as follows:
Senior Express Delivery Hotline
- Call 417-204-4790 for delivery.
- Available to Senior Guests age 60 and over
- Call Center will be open 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Delivery time will be between Noon and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 30 items or less
- Free Delivery within 5 miles of all Woods locations
- Limited Deliveries available daily Monday through Friday.
- Deliveries will be made in order received and may roll to following day.
Our Woods Team is proud to offer this service to you as a part of our commitment to the communities we serve.
Senior citizens can call the Vernon County Sheriff’s Office at 417-283-4400 if you need food delivered and live more than 5 miles from the store.