State and Local News

Applebee’s Closed Briefly Due To Fire

The Applebee’s in Joplin is back open after a fire Tuesday (12/5) damaged the restaurant’s heating and air conditioning system. Joplin firefighters were called to Applebee’s shortly before 5pm. Nothing was showing from the building, but there was a light trace of smoke in the seating area. It turned out there was a small fire in the building’s HVAC system, which was quickly put out. No one was injured. The restaurant was closed Tuesday night while the HVAC system was repaired. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental because of combustible materials in the HVAC system.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *