Christmas Of Hope
Fostering Hope and Zimmer Radio’s News Talk KZRG are partnering to organize this year’s annual Christmas of Hope campaign. Christmas of Hope is a program that allows our community to come alongside and support foster families in our area by helping to provide gifts for the children in their care. While one of the goals of Christmas of Hope is to support these families by easing the financial burden that often comes at this time of year, the primary mission is to show these children and families that they are loved and supported by their community.
How does Christmas of Hope work?
- There are nearly 600 children in foster care in our community and surrounding area. Our goal is to raise $50 per child to spend on Christmas gifts and to support as many children as possible. Each year, we provide donors with a commemorative Christmas of Hope ornament for each child sponsored.
- The Christmas of Hope program is offered to area foster families as well as to a subset of children of families involved with Children’s Division. Families that would like to participate in Christmas of Hope fill out a “wish list” for each child with clothing needs, favorite toys, interests, etc.
- A shopping day is held in mid-December. During this day, many volunteers come together to personally shop for gifts for each child.
- Gifts will be distributed to each family in time for them to be put under the tree by Christmas morning.
How can I get involved?
- Make a donation! Each $50 donation provides personalized gifts for one child. Donations will be collected through December 13th.
- Volunteer at our shopping day! The Christmas of Hope shopping event is a fun way for individuals, groups, or families to get involved. Shopping day will be held Thursday, December 14th starting at 8am at the 15th Street Wal-Mart in Joplin. When you arrive to volunteer, you will check-in at the Garden Center. Once checked in, you will be given a wish list for one child and will be asked to collect/shop for items for that child. You can come and go as your schedule allows. We will shop until all the presents are purchased, which usually is around 1pm.
- If you have questions or would like more information on getting your church, business, or organization involved, please contact us through email at email@example.com.
How can I make a donation?
Checks need to be made out to “Christmas of Hope” and can be mailed to:
PO BOX 243
Carl Junction, MO 64834